When it comes to fine-tuning your health, put yourself in the driver’s seat. Eat right, stay active and get regular checkups, screenings and shots to make sure you stay running as smooth as your wheels.
Choose the Right Fuel
Your body needs the right fuel to stay in great shape. Here are some easy-to-follow heart-health tips:
- Add more omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential fatty acids your body needs to work normally. Include them easily
by consuming foods like fish, almonds and flax seeds.
- Limit your sugar intake and cut out processed foods and
- Eat at least two cups of fruit and three cups of vegetables daily.
- Stay active for better overall health.
Get Your Tune-Up
Tune ups are essential to your car, and checkups are essential for you. Here are a few things you can do to prevent health issues:
- Schedule preventive checkups.
- Know your family history.
- Get regular cancer screenings.
- Don’t smoke.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly – aim for 30 minutes, five days a week.